Saturday, February 27, 2010

Primos Sonic Dome Triple Turkey Call Review

It’s a sure sign of spring fever when you buy a new turkey call in the middle of a winter storm. However, that’s just what I did this past week. I had a $10 gift card, and I used it to buy a new turkey mouth call. I guess I’m not the only one already looking forward to the spring turkey season because the sporting goods store has their full array of turkey hunting equipment on display.


I ended up buying picking out a Primos call called the Sonic Dome Triple. This is a triple reed call with a plastic dome on the top surface. The plastic dome helps the call to consistently fit in the roof of the mouth.

If you’ve ever tried a turkey mouth call before, you know that the triple reed design can be more difficult to use than other configurations. The trade off is that the triple reed is able to create a larger variety of sounds. The Primos Sonic Dome Triple is one of the easiest-to-use triple reed calls I’ve tried. The plastic feature works as advertised. It positions the call in your mouth, and is quite comfortable. With the call consistently positioned, it becomes easier to master the triple reed call.

The Primos Sonic Dome Triple can be purchased for under $10.

No comments: