Friday, January 7, 2011

How to Obtain CT Sportsman License Credit in 2011

If you have not heard, the state of Connecticut likely over charged you for your 2010 fishing/hunting license if you purchased it before April 14, 2010.  Go to the link below to get information on how to obtain your rebate:

The first step is to determine how much the state owes you.  You can search at .  I found out that I was over charged $27 in 2010.  You can use that money to pay for your 2011 hunting/fishing license, which presently costs $38.  The only rub is that you can't get the rebate online.  You have to buy your 2011 license either by mail, or in person at one of the DEP locations.  I chose to do mine by mail.  I figured out how much I was owed ($27), filled out a simple form, wrote a check for the total minus $27, and mailed it in.

One tip: Connecticut has now started charging separately for inland and salt water licenses.  If you buy the hunting/fishing combo license, the state charges the same $38 for the inland fishing/hunting combo license as they do for the all-waters fishing/hunting combo license.  Be sure to chose the all-waters option to get both inland and salt water fishing together at no extra charge. 


Matt said...

thanks for posting nice blog!

Matt said...

thanks for posting! nice blog!