Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Deer/Venison Butcher in Central Connecticut

After shooting a deer this year, the weather was too warm to let it hang outside in order to pack the meat myself. Therefore, I had to take the deer to a butcher. The butcher did a much better job than I could ever do anyway. One problem is that it's not always easy to find a butcher that does deer.

I found a butcher in the center of Southington that packs deer. The contact information is below:

Southington Beef & Pork
347 Center Street Southington, CT 06489
(860) 628-7001

The meat is all packaged and labeled. There are steaks, roasts, chops, and ground meat. I've yet to eat any of the meat, but everything looks good. The price was a reasonable $85. Price will vary depending on the size of the deer. Be prepared to wait a while, as it took me 2 weeks to get the meat. As long as your aware of it, the wait is usually not an issue. I was expecting it to be done a little faster, so I grew a bit impatient. However, next time I'll know to expect about 2 weeks.

No comments: